Hours and pay: 25 hours per week, 6 months fixed term contract, national minimum wage (subject to review)
Location: Working from home with meetings in and around Wolverhampton and the West Midlands (when it is safe to do so). A laptop and support with broadband connection will be provided. Travel expenses will be paid for meetings and events.
Deadline to apply: Midday Thursday 1st April 2021
Purpose of the role
This role will support the digital marketing of Curiosity Productions’ work, including work by Babies’ Adventures in Music (BAM) and Cloud Cuckoo Land (CCL), with a focus on social media. They will also provide general administration support to the team, helping to coordinate various projects and events.
The Marketing and Administration Assistant will be responsible for creating, scheduling and sharing interesting and engaging social media content across a range of platforms to help promote the work of the company and our partners BAM and CCL. They will also be responsible for supporting the smooth running of the company through administrative tasks such as scheduling and minuting meetings.
- Creating social media posts on various platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Tik Tok
- Writing, editing and sharing blog posts about the work of the company and its’ partners
- Sending out newsletters
- Managing mailing lists
- Coordinating people’s calendars to schedule meetings
- Taking notes at meetings
- Compiling data on projects for reports
- Admin support for ongoing evaluation processes
- Photography, audio or film documentation of performances, rehearsals and events
- Adhere to company processes, policies and procedures, particularly Equity, Access and Inclusion, GDPR data protection legislation and health and safety best practices around social distancing.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant funding conditions and reporting requirements
- Act as a point of contact for external enquiries and communication
- Work in a way which celebrates diversity, prioritises inclusion and challenges discrimination and racism
- Act as a positive advocate of the company at all times
- Ensure that safeguarding and health & safety policies are observed and positively implemented
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required and agreed with your line manager
Applicants should be literate and numerate. Grade C/4 and above in English, Maths and IT are preferable
- Excellent communication skills as you’ll need to talk with audiences, participants, artists and other team members in person and in writing
- Basic knowledge in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of using social media including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Tik Tok
- Image Editing skills to crop, resize and repurpose digital content for social media
- Photography or film making skills would be desirable
- Interested in the arts, particularly theatre and music
- Interested in work for children and young people and working with communities
- Interested in kick starting a career in arts marketing, administration, project and events management or producing
- Attention to detail
- A good listener, diplomatic, collaborative, interested in other people’s perspectives
- Able to communicate enthusiastically and generously with a wide range of people
- Organised, punctual and reliable
- Confident and able to contribute your own ideas within a team
We are in the process of applying for funding that will help to extend the role beyond the current 6 month period, but we cannot guarantee that at this stage. There could be the opportunity to extend the role into an Events Assistant Apprenticeship. We hope to increase the pay to National Living Wage, dependent on funding and completion of successful appraisals. You will be given training and mentoring as part of this role to support your personal and professional development.
How To Apply
This role is supported through the government Kickstart Scheme. All applicants must be aged 16 to 24 and claiming Universal Credit. You must be referred through your Job Centre
You will need to submit a CV with a cover letter outlining how you meet the skills required and personal qualities on the job description.
We also ask that you complete our Equity, Access and Inclusion monitoring form to ensure we are being accountable against our principles.
Curiosity Productions is committed to positive action to tackle systemic marginalisation. If you meet the entry requirement and essential skills required and you identify as D/deaf, disabled or neurodivergent, LGBTQI+, or as a person of African, Caribbean or Latinx heritage, South Asian, East Asian, or South East Asian heritage, Romany or Irish Traveller heritage, or Jewish heritage you will be guaranteed an interview for this role.
If you need any further information about this role or require any access support during the application process please email Jenny on firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call or text Jenny on 07967 187822.
We will do everything we can to meet your access needs and remove any barriers to the recruitment and interview process. We will put measures in place to ensure that successful candidates are supported within their roles, including flexible work arrangements and provision of equipment, training, information in alternative formats, and any other support required.